Friday, January 22, 2010

Flutterby Valentine

I'm back again today with another card. I had so much fun participating in the last Flutter By Wednesday challenge, that I just had to do it again. This weeks challenge # 93 was to use embossing along with your butterfly, fairy, or angel image. I used Challenge # 22 Die Cuts R Us Sketch # 1 as an inspiration for my card. I thought this patterned paper went perfectly with the sketch. Instead of using an oval like the sketch, I decided to crack open my Lables # 1 Nestabilities and use them for their very first maiden voyage to die cut out the butterfly and butterfly border.

I wanted a magenta butterfly but didn't have that color pigment ink so I inked my stamp with Champagne Shimmer Versamark and then tapped it on SU! Rich Razzleberry ink. Next I used the pouncing technique on the inked stamp with a Melon Mambo marker to add some lighter colored areas. I stamped this on Neenah Solar White cardstock and then heat embossed with SU! clear embossing powder. I thought the white was a bit too stark so I sponged on some SU! Pretty in Pink over the butterfly. Here is a close up of the result:


Recipe: SU! Simple Friendship stamp, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One, Versamark Champagne Shimmer ink, SU! Rich Razzleberry Ink, SU! Melon Mambo Stampin' Write Markers, SU! Pretty In Pink ink, SU! Clear Embossing Powder, Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Petaloo Dazzlers, Sponge Dauber, Little Yellow Bicycle Sweet Love patterned paper, Heart charm from Stamp and Create, Pink Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Assorted Pink cardstock scraps

12 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Michelle I love your butterfly. What a wonderful way to use our DCRU sketch. Thanks for playing along and sharing this with us!

    Smiles!
    Gwen DT@DCRU

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Michelle...What a very pretty card!!! Great colors and fun embellishments!!!

    DCRU Hugs - LORI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!!! LOVE this!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, this is beautiful! LOVE your butterfly!! Thanks so much for joining us again at FBW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Love the sparkle and colors :)
    Thanks for joining us at Die Cuts R Us!

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card.
    Love the colors you have used.
    Your butterfly is beautiful :)

    Grethe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely fabulous, and such a beautiful job on your butterfly! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! LOVE the glittery pink butterfly!
    Hugs
    Amber *DCRU DT*

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are so glad that you joined us again for the FBW challenge! I love the sparkle on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, that butterfly is gorgeous! I love your mix of papers and those charms are just the perfect touch! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the butterfly and the little heart charm! Thanks for playing along at DCRU!
    Cara DCRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a BEAUTIFUL card!! i love all the sparkle!! Sweet Valentine! Thanks for joining us at FBW! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Most Awesome Birthday Card With Trusty Tools

Sale-a-bration is still going strong until the end of the month.  Don't miss our on the fun coordinating products that you can earn for ...