Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Coloring on Glitter with Copics and Copic Marker Storage


Today I wanted to share a technique I learned from Krazy Kreations at Scrapbook Expo.  It is called Coloring on Glitter...for lack of a better name.  I don't remember what they called it.  In their both they sold kits for this technique.  You can find the glitter starter kits here on their website and the stickers here.  

You start off with Elizabeth Crafts Peel Off stickers.  I used the cupcakes.  



Next you take the Be Creative Sticky Sheet (Sookwang sheet) and cut it to a size to fit your sticker.  Then peel the waxy paper backing off and smooth and burnish it down onto white card stock.


 Remove the other piece of backing off and sprinkle the Ritz Glitter onto the sticky area of your card stock.  Burnish the glitter into the sticky area and tap off excess.  You can use the backing paper to really press the glitter into the adhesive.


 Next take your sticker and peel off the silhouette.  


Adhere the sticker outline to your glitter.  


 Now you are ready to color in your image.  You can color directly onto the glitter.  It will not ruin your markers.  Just scribble off any stray glitter particles on a scratch paper when you are done with your image.  


 Trim your image and adhere to your card.  


And the final result!


Have you seen the new Jetmax Storage style at Michael's?  It is branded as Recollections but if you look at the actual pieces they say Jetmax on them.  This one has a drawer, two shelves and a removable marker holder.  I am using the marker holder separately on top of my current unit.  I mixed my Distress markers in with my Copics.  I was able to fit about 6 markers per slot so you can hold about 126 markers.


Here is what the finished shelf looks like.  


2 comments:

  1. I have only ever done this technique with those jellyroll glitter pens & water, I didn't realize you could use copics on glitter ritz like that! I always assumed it would just ruin my markers. Thanks so much for sharing, I'm going to try this out for sure :)
    ~Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep the glitter is so fine, it won't hurt them. You just need to scribble off on a scratch paper. There are some videos of it on youtube if you are nervous.

    ReplyDelete

Most Awesome Birthday Card With Trusty Tools

Sale-a-bration is still going strong until the end of the month.  Don't miss our on the fun coordinating products that you can earn for ...