Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tis the Season for Snow Angels!



Remember when you were a kid and you had a ball playing in the snow making snow angels?
Well I had a ball playing in the house making this snow angel card. This card features one of the new releases from Whimsie Doodles. I just love their adorable digis. As you can see, I am still om my easel card kick.

I have been toying with the idea of buying the Bow Easy since I am not the best at tying ribbons. I know it only costs $5, but I was on the fence about it because I couldn't tell from looking at it , how it would work. How many times have we bought some contraption that was supposed to make our lives easier and then it just sits on a shelf because we can't figure it out? Well, last night I got extra creative and made my own ribbon tying template out of an plastic laminate sheet. It is shaped like a Bow Easy and works pretty well even though it is much flimsier than the real thing. Now that I know how it works, I will definitely order a real Bow Easy because I absolutely love how this bow turned out.

I colored in the Snow Angel image using my copics (BG0000, BG000, BG01, BG15, BG72, Y06, Y08, Y13, Y15, Y17, YR65, YR68). I added diamond stickles on the stars and stardust stickles on the wings. Gotta have some sparkles! Next I cut the image out and adhered it to the oval and scallop oval that I die cut from Nesties. I used Baja Breeze cardstock for the scallop oval and Whisper White for the inner oval and I airbrushed it with my BG72 copic marker to make it the background look like sky.

I topped off the card with lots of rhinestones and foam snowflake stickers and a silver snowflake brad. The background paper is from Cosmo Cricket's Jolly By Golly collection. I cut the rectangle in half diagonally so that I could show off both sides of the cute paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Awesome Birthday Card With Trusty Tools

Sale-a-bration is still going strong until the end of the month.  Don't miss our on the fun coordinating products that you can earn for ...