Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Felt Tattered Florals Tutorial

There was a question the other day on Splitcoast about whether or not you can use the felt at Michael's with the new Tim Holtz Sizzix dies...so I decided to do a little experiment. The answer to the question is yes.. you can! It works great.

I used a bunch of different colors and cut them down to the size of the die...here I used the Tattered Florals die....


This is the label on the felt in case your Michael's has different kinds and thicknesses of felt...this is not the self adhesive kind...this is the very thin kind found in the isle with all the fun foam.

Ran it through my BigShot...love that darn thing and yes it is sitting on my bed.

Here is how the felt comes out after one pass.


Did a few different colors this way. Then I mixed the pieces together and held them together with brads and placed pearls on the one layer small florals.


Simple easy 1 -2-3!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up on the TH.
    Now how about your Idol review? Do you wait for the eliminations before posting. I want Tim and Andrew GONE! already!

    ReplyDelete

Most Awesome Birthday Card With Trusty Tools

Sale-a-bration is still going strong until the end of the month.  Don't miss our on the fun coordinating products that you can earn for ...