Monday, October 4, 2010

Day Dreaming and airbrushing enabler alert...

I love, love, love my Copic AB3 and airbrush compressor. I am so glad I finally unpacked my compressor this weekend. I learned how to use the Copic Airbrush System in a class last year and have been using the AB2 handheld one with the air cans off and on for a while now, but the compressor scared me. The idea of using some "machine" just made me nervous. But once I opened the box and saw how tiny and light it is, I really felt silly for being intimidated. Seriously, it is smaller than my Bigshot and lighter too. At first I thought I didn't have right hose to fit the Copic air adaptor, but it was really simple to put everything together once I figured out I could unscrew the gold washers on both ends of the hose that came with the compressor and then it would fit right on the Copic airbrush adaptor. Once I did that and plugged it in and adjusted the air pressure to 40 psi, it was ready to use.


I really liked using the stencils to make backgrounds and being able to custom color embellishments. It is quick, easy, and most especially cost effective. I have a boat load of white embellishments...ribbon- flowers- pearls, etc and all I have to do is custom pick colors that match my project, give them a quick spray and everything is matchy matchy!


Below I used my Copic ABS3, compressor and copics to make a colorful tie die background using a Crafters Workshop template and airbrushing on three different colors -Y06, BV11, BG45 . It only took about a two minutes to do it. I made myself a cute homemade color catcher out of some left over cardboard packaging and white paper. This keeps my workspace pretty neat- no clean up necessary. I also sprayed some white Prima flowers and pearls with the BV11 marker so everything matched.

If you would like to get a compressor and don't wish to splurge on the Sparmax Windstorm $200-$320 version that Copic sells... you can get the one I have. All you will need is the compressor and then the Copic ABS-3 system and you will be good to go.

Central Pneumatic 1/8 HP 40 PSI Oiless Airbrush Compressor from Harbor Freight Tools it is on sale for $59.99 this week at Harbor Freight Tools

Copic Air Brush System- ABS3 (airgrip and air adaptor) at Creative Play Stamps for $34.36


Recipe: Day Dreaming stamp by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD, Sentiment from Fillable Frames #2 by PTI, Prima flowers, Reflections pearls, Ribbon from stash, Making Memories Flower Shop Glitter Butterfly die cuts, PTI Kraft - Stampers Select White and SU! Lovely Lilac cardstock, Crafter's Workshop Daisy Doodad template, SU! Tempting Turquoise stampin write marker


Copics: Y06, BV11, BG45 for airbrushed background, ABS3, central pneumatic 1/8 hp oiless airbrush compressor from Harbor Freight Tools, E0000 E000 E21 E34 E50 E53 E57 R30 W00 W1 W3 W5 G20 G21 G24 RV0000 RV93 BG0000 G0000 Y0000 BV0000 BV000 BV31

2 comments:

Most Awesome Birthday Card With Trusty Tools

Sale-a-bration is still going strong until the end of the month.  Don't miss our on the fun coordinating products that you can earn for ...