Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Winter Susan has a pressie for you...

Here is the card I made for Fussy and Fancy Challenge # 20 with the Winter Susan by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD stamp and Viva Decor Pearl Pen I won from Color Me Copic's Challenge #4.
I just love this little cutie and I adore how this card turned out.

Here is the sketch for the challenge...First I made some half back pearls with the Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen (I made some gold ones too with the pen that Susana at SCACD sent to me since I already had the Ice White one)... I used some of my Xyron sticker adhesive roll... just rolled out about two inches and pulled the clear adhesive sheet away from the backing and squeezed some dots from the pen onto the clear sticky sheet making sure to stop squeezing before I lifted the pen up...that way you don't get those little points when your pearls dry. I left that to dry overnight and then placed the liner paper back on top to keep them safe. When I was ready to use my pearls I just peeled them off the adhesive sheet and they had just enough stick to adhere them to my project.

Next I airbrushed some white satin ribbon with my copic markers to match the Bo Bunny Winter Joy papers that I wanted to use. (BG05 and BV11) I used just a little bit of reposition able mono adhesive to stick the ends down to my scrap paper and then I just sprayed the two different colors in no particular pattern over the ribbon.

I airbrushed some pearls too!
I stamped my Winter Susan on some X-Press It Blending Card and on some Inkadinkado Masking Paper. I colored up my image with Copics and then I put the mask over the image to protect it. I cut around the top and bottom of the image and left the hat and feet on top of the Nestability Scalloped Oval die and ran it through my Big Shot then left the image in the die and airbrushed the background with B01.

Here is how the image looks once you remove the die.Here is how she looks once you remove the masking paper... a perfectly clean image with a beautiful soft airbrushed background.

Recipe: Winter Susan by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD stamp, Sentiment Teeny Tiny Wishes by SU!, SU! Whisper White Craft Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, SU! Lovely Lilac cardstock, Bo Bunny Winter Joy paper, Nestabilities petite scallop border die and scallop oval die, Viva Decor Ice White Pearl Pen, Petaloo Dazzlers flowers, ribbon from my stash, ABS3 and airbrush compressor

Copics: E000 E00 E02 E21 E25 E27 R20 YG63 YG25 YG03 YG21 B01 BG0000 BG000 BG01 BG05 BV11 BV00 BV0000

3 comments:

  1. You're really making me want the airbrushing system!! Another wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done! I love it! Thanks for joining Fussy and Fancy! Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Most Awesome Birthday Card With Trusty Tools

Sale-a-bration is still going strong until the end of the month.  Don't miss our on the fun coordinating products that you can earn for ...